Character Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 75 on Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:15 pm
Latest topics
» A Message For You
Mage: Academy EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 4:08 pm by Cali

» Unspoken Rule
Mage: Academy EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 5:49 am by Cali

» Announcements: Rebirth
Mage: Academy EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 5:04 am by Cali

» Vladimir Academy
Mage: Academy EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 11:44 pm by LeilaniAlexandra

» The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production)
Mage: Academy EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 6:01 pm by OpenTheDoor

» Sound of Madness
Mage: Academy EmptySun May 04, 2014 5:22 pm by momo13

» Oh My Gosh
Mage: Academy EmptySat May 03, 2014 1:30 pm by Avery

» The Amazing Brain
Mage: Academy EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 10:32 pm by Avery

» Guess what guys.....
Mage: Academy EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 10:20 pm by momo13

Mage: Academy

4 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Mage: Academy Empty Mage: Academy

Post by Freedom_Elite Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:41 pm

During a great war, most of the world's technology was destroyed, borders vanished, and the world's population was all but eradicated. The use of massive weapons with destructive power beyond our wildest imaginations were found to have backfiring effects. These weapons were only tested, which caused a war, and then they were used for real as a last resort.

But the war is all but a myth now. Humanity, as it's determined nature, adapted as best as could be expected, and began to rebuild once again. The use of these weapons though, created a new natural substance that seemed to renew itself whenever used. This new substance could be imbued with elements, dust, and arranged in such a way that it produced different effects. The substance came in a form that looked like stones, and were soon known as runes.

A century has passed since the foundation of runes, and slowly we've learned more and more about runes and what they're capable of, against what their side-effects are. An organization named the Central Operational Magick Ministry (COMM) formed to increase the speed at which we learn about runes, by making college-like schools that you could begin attending upon age 12 and finalize at age 24. The COMM receives 1 member from every province in the world, and this person is in charge of relaying all new information to the local schools, to further distribute to the populace in accordance with their province laws.

Some known rules of runes:

1. Runes are created by imbuing elements and other objects into rock-based substances of semi-unknown origin.
2. Runes draw a form of life-force that to The COMM has come to acknowledged as aura. This is the general term worldwide, however there is some provinces in existence whom call it Mana.
3. Over-extension of this aura can lead to exhaustion, and in severe cases, death.
4. Adrenaline has been found to have an affect on aura.
5. Runes must be distributed by COMM, other methods of obtaining runes is strictly prohibited, and may lead to a sentence of death.

These are just the overview rules of runes. There's longer then a page worth of more, but that's the one they hand to people first joining their academies.

(I'll have a char sheet up soon)
Freedom_Elite
Freedom_Elite
Game Master
Game Master

Character Sheet
Name: Lossidian Maxilus Kiledrian
Race: Drake elf
Level: 1

Back to top Go down

Mage: Academy Empty Re: Mage: Academy

Post by Freedom_Elite Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:57 pm

Name: (Character's name?)

----------------------------------------------------(please leave this here)

Character's favorite animal: (Species)
Rune specification: (Wind/Water/Light/Fire/Earth/Healing)
Years attended: (Years attended school with a COMM academy)
Weapon: (Guns are pretty much extinct, except a few villages which hog the tech to themselves. Wands haven't really been invented yet, although if you REALLY want one, I'm trying to find a way it would work with the rune mechanic.)

----------------------------------------------------

Biography:

Appearance:

Any additional info:
Freedom_Elite
Freedom_Elite
Game Master
Game Master

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by LeilaniAlexandra Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:57 pm

This seems really interesting. Mind if I join? I'll make my character when I'm on next.
LeilaniAlexandra
LeilaniAlexandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Freedom_Elite Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:13 pm

I'm hoping to get all the still active people if I can ^^". We need something really active to get the board rolling again Very Happy
Freedom_Elite
Freedom_Elite
Game Master
Game Master

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Freedom_Elite Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:31 am

Anyone still?
Freedom_Elite
Freedom_Elite
Game Master
Game Master

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:57 am

Me! Sorry, I've been busy with uni things. This is like the last week to get everything sorted so I should be on more from Friday onwards :3 I'll probably have time to post things this week, too Smile
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Name: Your character name
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by LeilaniAlexandra Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:58 pm

Okay I'm going to try this. It seems to be right up my alley but if I'm absolutely horrendous then I will politely bow out.

Name: Trisha

Character's favorite animal: Chelonioidea (Sea turtle Very Happy)
Rune specification: Water
Years attended: 8 1/2
Weapon: Katana

Biography: She doesn't remember much about her parents before attending COMM Academy, but she does remember that she had a little brother. She doesn't know what happened to him, though. She also knows that both of her parents left her childhood home after she left for COMM. She had always felt a connection to the water and loved to swim. She found out why when she started at COMM the day she turned 12. She had always tended to keep to herself but has, since starting here, broken out of her shell a bit.

Appearance: Trisha is short and lean with pixie cut brown hair. She has fairer skin and freckles, along with one grey eye and one blue.

Any additional info: She usually has a slight tan, but has been too busy to go out.

If you want me to change anything just let me know.
LeilaniAlexandra
LeilaniAlexandra

Back to top Go down

Post by Gifty Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:19 pm

Name: Davina

Character's favorite animal: Lynx or any cat in particular
Rune specification: Air/Wind
Years attended: 6
Weapon: Twin swords.

Biography: ( I have no idea about this so here it goes) She grew up with just a mother, her father having been killed before she was ever born. She had no siblings and was raised to learn how to fight. Her mother, despite looking like a doll as her daughter does, knew how to fight well and thus was her teacher. She was a tough teacher and hard on her daughter for her own good. She couldn’t lose another loved one. When Davina went to COMM her mother was so proud, she has been at COMM for 6 years now.

Appearance: Ringlett hair that hangs to her shoulders, it’s a beautiful mahogany brown the red hints in it shimmering when light touches her hair. Fierce green eye look out beneath a sweeping side bang Davina has. She is a slender girl and is fairly short for her age. Look rather doll like, a porcelain beauty who is dangerous.

Any additional info: nope..
But is everything okay? If I’m not fit for this RP just kick me out!
Gifty
Gifty

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Freedom_Elite Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:24 pm

Those two are great Very Happy lets just wait for booki and a final answer from the fool if she's going to join us too or not.
Freedom_Elite
Freedom_Elite
Game Master
Game Master

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:31 am

Name: Derren

Character's favorite animal: [What does the] Fox [say?!]
Rune specification: Fire
Years attended: 7 and a bit
Weapon: Naginata

Biography: Derren grew up in a remote village in the middle of nowhere, the eldest child in a family of six. His background is modest with little to make him unique, only that his father was ill a lot of the time, so, as the eldest, he had to keep the house in check and running properly. He spent nearly the entirety of his childhood acting more grown up than he actually was, trying to keep strong for the sake of his family, finding means to feed everyone. Training was his main outlet when he needed to blow off some steam and so, as days became more stressful, he turned to training more and more to subdue his angry character. He didn't really want to leave for COMM, feeling guilty that he had to leave everyone behind and doesn't like to talk about his past in fear that he might break

Appearance: Derren looks like he means business. His features are very angular and sharp, including his piercing blue eyes. His crop of chestnut hair seems to defy gravity, sticking up and forming a little quiff upon his head. His skin has a warm glow to it. Though he is quite slender, he is well-built and toned through years of training with his weapon and stands a little above six feet. There are a few cuts and burns up his right arm from past mistakes

Any additional info: He hates nicknames. Call him a nickname and he'll stab you. Repeatedly.

(If anything needs to change, feel free to say!)
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Freedom_Elite Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:09 pm

(Alright, that'll do it to atleast start.)

Name: Kunai Utopia

Character's favorite animal: Wolf
Rune specification: Healing
Years attended: 7
Weapon: Wooden Crossbow

Biography: Kunai grew up as an only child, he does now have a brother that he's never met because he was born when Kunai was 13, and had left home to attend the COMM academies. In his 7 years he's attended several different academies, due to his excessive grades. He seems to have settled down in this village's academy because he made a lot of friends he that he didn't want to leave.

Appearance: Kunai is a fair built man, his features appear to be that of your average 19 year old, fairly tall, brown hair that extends straight down to just above his shoulders, and turquoise eyes to go with it. He is fairly skinny, and doesn't appeal many muscles (Though he does have some) and carries a little red book with him wherever he goes.

Any additional info: Nope, this was more for you guys.
Freedom_Elite
Freedom_Elite
Game Master
Game Master

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Freedom_Elite Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:30 pm

Kunai stood on the balcony of the clock tower, looking out curiously and with intent to the farthest his sight could take him. There was another clocktower in the distance, Kunai knew this was another COMM academy.

Shortly after the war, and the formation of COMM, they built these schools in massive numbers, exhausting most of the remaining world resources, but it has kept us safe since. The way they're built is that a red smoke will rise from the tip of the tower if any form of disaster was happening, and then all surrounding ones will send a blue smoke and send help.

Kunai was among the elites of the world's mages, for his age at least, today he received his newest offer to join COMM. He got these almost weekly, and everytime, climbing the clocktower and just looking at the surrounding schools was his calming solution. He actually hated COMM, and so he didn't want to grouped into them, but it was one of the only ways to really become successful in this world.
Freedom_Elite
Freedom_Elite
Game Master
Game Master

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gifty Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:15 pm

Davina was walking around the area outside of COMM, her curled red hair blowing in the slight breeze that swirled around her. Taking a deep breath in she looked up to the sky and then around, taking in the blue sky and the few clouds that hung in the sky. Davina wasn't far from the clock tower, the one that wasn't COMM's, and she noticed there was someone, probably, up there, squinting her eyes she confirmed it was a person and kept on walking.
Gifty
Gifty

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Freedom_Elite Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:58 pm

Oblivious to the world, Kunai continued to look at the COMM tower. Another letter... He was thinking to himself. Will these pricks ever leave me alone? Maybe I should take the offer, show them how distasteful I am with their organization first hand. This was far from an uncommon thought for him. He needed to get it out somehow and this had become his 'routine'. He looked up to see the exact same sky Davina had seen, but from a different angle.
Freedom_Elite
Freedom_Elite
Game Master
Game Master

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gifty Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:08 am

"Blah" Davina said, her eyes glassing over with boredom and the sudden loss of memory of what she was going to do.
Gifty
Gifty

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Freedom_Elite Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:33 am

Kunai looked down and with what he saw, his head tilted. Only mages are allowed out at night, and I've never seen her before. He hopped forward over the ledge, flipping over it without losing grip. He slammed his feet against the stones below the balcony, and he slowly began climbing down. This was something he'd grown used to doing, but he hoped it would make his entrance grand.
Freedom_Elite
Freedom_Elite
Game Master
Game Master

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gifty Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:54 pm

Davina noticed someone making their way to her and raised an eyebrow. As the person got to her she smiled, her eyebrow still up and a hand on her hip. " Hello," she said skeptically.
Gifty
Gifty

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Freedom_Elite Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:02 am

Kunai immediately threw on a flirtatious smile, and with a small flick of his head he replied, "Hello there." Kunai typically hated flirting, but in the instance of first impressions he found it worked better. He used the closest to an attractive voice he had as he continued, "Y'know, it's long past curfew, only mages and guards are allowed out this late."
Freedom_Elite
Freedom_Elite
Game Master
Game Master

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gifty Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:58 pm

" And I assume you follow all the rules." Davina said still guarded, she was always guarded though. " And I assume you're no guard," her eyes flickered up and down the guy's body, studying him the best she could. Impervious to the flirtatious voice, she kept hers at the usual, almost unfeeling, level that it always seemed to stay at.
Gifty
Gifty

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Freedom_Elite Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:03 am

He chuckled for a moment, and returned with the same smile he wore before, "The rules say my first words to you are asking for a COMM ID or Guard badge.  You could be a scary criminal."  He joked.  "I find that pretty rude though."
Kunai reached into his pocket afterwards and pulled out both a card with his picture and a little folded cloth that had a pin showing until he opened it for her revealing both a silver shield and another ID of him.  "I can," he paused a moment and continued, "Act on my guard duties if you'd rather."

(OTD, keep this post in mind, it's going to help you later ^^.

@Gifty OTD is looking for an entry and this post will help the way we planned xp feel free to message me if you want more details.)
Freedom_Elite
Freedom_Elite
Game Master
Game Master

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gifty Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:24 pm

Davina cocked her head to the side slightly, " What a brave accusation to make," she said pulling out her COMM badge and raising her eyebrows as if to dare him to make anymore outrageous accusations. " My COMM ID." she stated just to make sure he knew exactly who she was, not out of pride or anything to her benefit but just to make sure he did not act on guard duties. Despite being one hell of a student she could still get in trouble and did not plan on that.
Gifty
Gifty

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Freedom_Elite Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:17 pm

He held his hand out as to accept the ID for closer inspection, "Davina.  It's a pretty name I will admit, let's go for a walk while I verify you're really her."  He used his other hand to point to a Magic Shoppe that only sold runes to the people who've attended COMM for more then 2 years, and had enough experience to use the runes.

Shops like this may have been hard to find due to the COMM laws prohibiting sale of runes, but people who graduated from the COMM academies top of their class were allowed to register for a sales permit, and on a few and scattered occasion, they'd allow it.  So when these shops DID pop up, they were always profitable, and people from COMM academies miles around would come there to get runes, and talk to mages of other cities.
Freedom_Elite
Freedom_Elite
Game Master
Game Master

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gifty Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:32 pm

Davina rolled her eyes, " And what if you are in imposter?" she asked her eyebrows raising slightly as if to dare him to second guess her. " But I will show you my abilities with runes, though I must say I don't promise you won't get hurt. When I'm frustrated I do let loose a little." she murmured angrily.
Gifty
Gifty

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Freedom_Elite Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:32 pm

Kunai rolled his eyes jokingly, before holding out his own two badges to her. "I'm not hiding anything. Just loosely following the rulebook." He paused to look her in the eyes. "Verify for yourself if you have to."
Freedom_Elite
Freedom_Elite
Game Master
Game Master

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gifty Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:52 am

Davina suddenly smiled charmingly, she knew a fake badge when she saw one and earlier she wasn't so much looking at the badges as looking at him and trying to gauge whether he was a thief or not. "Fine, I believe you," she said curtly, " Now hurry up so you will believe me." she said blinking slowly and carefully.
Gifty
Gifty

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next