Character Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 75 on Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:15 pm
Latest topics
» A Message For You
My New York (anywhere from 3 to 10 person cc) EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 4:08 pm by Cali

» Unspoken Rule
My New York (anywhere from 3 to 10 person cc) EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 5:49 am by Cali

» Announcements: Rebirth
My New York (anywhere from 3 to 10 person cc) EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 5:04 am by Cali

» Vladimir Academy
My New York (anywhere from 3 to 10 person cc) EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 11:44 pm by LeilaniAlexandra

» The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production)
My New York (anywhere from 3 to 10 person cc) EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 6:01 pm by OpenTheDoor

» Sound of Madness
My New York (anywhere from 3 to 10 person cc) EmptySun May 04, 2014 5:22 pm by momo13

» Oh My Gosh
My New York (anywhere from 3 to 10 person cc) EmptySat May 03, 2014 1:30 pm by Avery

» The Amazing Brain
My New York (anywhere from 3 to 10 person cc) EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 10:32 pm by Avery

» Guess what guys.....
My New York (anywhere from 3 to 10 person cc) EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 10:20 pm by momo13

My New York (anywhere from 3 to 10 person cc)

+3
flaggirl3
BariJoy
Charlie
7 posters

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

My New York (anywhere from 3 to 10 person cc) Empty My New York (anywhere from 3 to 10 person cc)

Post by Charlie Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:02 am

Five male best friends, and five girls, have come from all backgrounds to live in 1890's New York City. Their paths cross, friends are betrayed, lives change, and people get hurt both physically and mentally. Life is rough for an orphan or a teenager with a family in this time. An orphan must support himself, while living on the streets, while a teen who has to support his whole family must work like a dog to get enough money for them. Girls though are a bit different, they live rough lives, but want to be treated equally, and must work twice as hard to earn the same amount. What will happen to this ten kids?

Alrighty, i hope that explained it. I am hoping this becomes like a 10 person chat, but who knows I tend to fail at making chats.

keeping checking back to this post for any updates.

We need 5 boys and 5 girls. None of them necessarily have to fall in love with each other, but that would be cool.

For the occupation help, here is a list of occupations (their are more these are just a few... and it does not have to be one of these)
-Shoe Shine
-Newsboy AKA Newsies
-Flower Seller
-Launderer
-Apple Seller (or some other kind of vendor)
-Sweatshop worker (blacksmith type jobs)
-Stable Boy/Girl
-Seamstress

If you need info on 1890's NYC just ask me I know lots Smile

Character Form:
Name:
Personality:
Past/Family (need both):
Place (where are they from):

What we have so far (the numbers beside boy and girl mean nothing)-
Boy 1-Damian (Charlie Michelle)
Boy 2- Whit Vance (BariJoy)
Boy 3- Jamie Swan (OpentheDoor)
Boy 4- Keith (Charlie Michelle)
Boy 5-
Girl 1- Emmaline Vance (BariJoy)
Girl 2- Carissa (flaggirl3)
Girl 3- Joyce O'Neil (AgentChip)
Girl 4- Casanova Millington (WeAllFallDown)
Girl 5- Melanie (Mel) Brownsdale (peachie-keen)

Since everyone seems to want to be a girl I am adding one more girl and guy spot. Smile
And if you are gonna do a girl, try and stray away from girl wearing guys clothing, we have to girls like that, and we all know we want originality.

Last edited by Charlie Michelle on Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:36 pm; edited 10 times in total
Charlie
Charlie

Back to top Go down

My New York (anywhere from 3 to 10 person cc) Empty Re: My New York (anywhere from 3 to 10 person cc)

Post by Charlie Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:54 pm

Character Form:
Name: Damian
Description (include how they dress): Tall (6'0), muscular but lanky, tan, dark brown longish curly hair. Bright blue eyes, white smile. Normally covered in boot polish. Wears a faded red undershirt, and torn pants. He wears no shoes, the bottoms of his feet are like rocks, and his feet are black. Has a deep voice, and an Irish accent.
Personality: He is a ladies man, very flirtatious but will never go to far. He has trust issues, and has nightmares. He is afraid of rain/water, gunshots, and starvation. Plays up his Irish accent for the ladies like it. He cusses alot (but I will tone it down for this). He plays the pity card to get out of bad situations. And can be a little butt, but he is noble, and will save complete strangers.
Past/Family (need both): Family, both his parents were murdered, he is an only child. He lived out on the streets for years almost starving to death, someone took him in, then shipped him to New York. People in New York tend to not like him because he is Irish.
Place (where are they from): Derry Northern Ireland (but in this time period all he is knows is that he is from the North of Ireland)
Charlie
Charlie

Back to top Go down

My New York (anywhere from 3 to 10 person cc) Empty Re: My New York (anywhere from 3 to 10 person cc)

Post by Charlie Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:55 pm

I don't bite, come and join
Charlie
Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:21 pm

Come on guys, Its really not that hard. This time period in New York is very easy to write about. I promise Smile
Charlie
Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by BariJoy Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:35 pm

Name: Emmaline Vance
Appearance: Ginger hair, bright blue eyes, ruddy skin(much to the dismay of her mother); tall(5'8"), slight build; usually forced to wear long dresses(I think that's what women still had to wear in this time period, right?), occasionly steals her brother's trousers when no one is looking(she likes that they allow much more freedom of movement than the dresses do)
Personality: a tomboy and women's rights activist, has a bit of an attitude, more so than most people consider proper(sorry, I'm not very good at writing out personalities. Sad)
Family: Mother(an experianced seamstress), Father(a business man), Brother(a blacksmith) Past: moved to New York from Virginia so her father could get a better job
Place: Virginia, U.S.A.
(I hope this profile is okay Smile
I may or may not put her brother in. Not sure yet.)
BariJoy
BariJoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:51 pm

(that's awesome. And yes long dresses, or blouses and long skirts are what older women wore.)
Charlie
Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by flaggirl3 Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:56 pm

(I need info!!! Tell me if there is anything wrong with my character.)
Character Form
Name:Carissa
Description (include how they dress): Long russet, wavy hair, green eyes. Wears high necked dresses that give her a perfect hourglass shape, some come above her ankles.
Personality:She's fortunate with money and doesn't bother with poor people. Nice, but blunt and out-spoken.
Past/Family (need both): She was born in New York. Her parents were from Poland and her father brought a very pregnant soon-to-be mother to New York and Carissa was born a week later. Carissa went to school and learned to be a seamstress, her rich grandparents helped her and he parents with money to afford everything. Now, Carissa lives in a home in New York and works as a seamstress in a shop.
Place (where are they from): Parents-Poland Carissa-New York
flaggirl3
flaggirl3

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:00 pm

You did just fine.
Charlie
Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by flaggirl3 Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:03 pm

(Cool, are we going to start writing now or later)
flaggirl3
flaggirl3

Back to top Go down

Post by BariJoy Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:05 pm

(I have one question, seeing as they're both seamstresses, can Emmaline and Carissa perhaps know each other and/or be friends?)
BariJoy
BariJoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:11 pm

(yes. I was hoping a few of them could be friends to start out with Smile
And we can start writing when ever, just when the other people join we need to let them in... which should be no problem Smile )
Charlie
Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by flaggirl3 Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:38 pm

(Cool, do you mind if I start?)
Carissa: I gasped as my female servant, Rayna, tightened my corset. "Do no harsh breathing, Miss Carissa, it do not work like dat." I nodded and let her do the corset the proper way.
flaggirl3
flaggirl3

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:45 pm

(nope)

Damian-
I was out in the streets, in the alley where I kept me stuff. I woke up with a sweat. I had another bad dream. I pushed the thoughts aside, and grabbed my stuff, then headed to my stand.
Charlie
Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by flaggirl3 Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:50 pm

Carissa: After the corset was wrapped snuggly around my bodice Rayna helped me slip into my light green, lace lined dress.
flaggirl3
flaggirl3

Back to top Go down

Post by BariJoy Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:53 pm

Em gasped and put her thumb in her mouth. Blasted needle. It kept sticking her fingers. At the rate she was going, this dress wouldn't be finished by the time she was twenty, no matter how early she got up to work on it.
BariJoy
BariJoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:56 pm

Damian-
I sat my stuff down, and sat in the chair, as I waited for a customer. That is if my bloody accent didn't scare them off.
Charlie
Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by flaggirl3 Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:00 pm

Carissa: After I had my dress on I walked down the stairs to breakfast. I said goodmorning to my parents in Polish and sat down to muffins and scrambled eggs.
(Sorry guys, I have to go... Sad )
flaggirl3
flaggirl3

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:01 pm

(thats okay)
Charlie
Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by BariJoy Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:06 pm

(I has to go, as well. Sad My mom's yelling at me to get off. :/)
There was a knock at Em's door. She turned, thumb still in mouth, "Who is it," she called. The door opened at her brother, Whit, stepped in. "Emmaline," he said, "Mother wants you to get some food in you before you go to work, but I can you've already started." Em nodded sheepishly and stood up, following Whit back downstairs.
BariJoy
BariJoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:08 pm

(okay, by. Thanks so much for joining Smile )
Charlie
Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent_Chip Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:56 am

Name: Joyce O'Neil
Description (include how they dress): Long golden curls, dark eyes, fairly tall, wears long dresses, but wishes she could wear pants like her brothers do. Goes bare foot whenever her mother isn't looking.
Personality: Joyce is a tomboy and hates to sit inside, she loves animals more than anything. Her mother constantly disapproves of her since she refuses to do the work that her mother assigns her. She's carefree and impulsive as well.
Past/Family (need both): Joycce comes from a large family with a younger sister, two younger brothers, an old sister and an older brother, as well as a Mom and Dad. She's her Dad's favourite daughter, but her not her Mom's (who likes Joyce's older sister, Madeline much better). She's lived in New York City all her life with her family. She got a job as a stable girl not too long ago. She loves it there, and spends most of her time at her job.
Place (where are they from): New York City, but her parents are from Germany
Agent_Chip
Agent_Chip

Back to top Go down

Post by flaggirl3 Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:46 am

Carissa: After breakfast I got out of the house. I walked down the street, it was a Tuesday, and weekdays meant work. I walked by a shoe-shiner, wondering if my boots needed a little shining. I paused for a moment.

(Did girls get their shoes polished back then?)
flaggirl3
flaggirl3

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:17 pm

(yes...)

Damian-

I looked at the girl standing before me. This was rare, for me. I barely get customors let alone women customers. I smiled at her.
Charlie
Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by BariJoy Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:08 pm

(I have a feeling that Joyce and Em are going to be very good friends. Both tomboys(Em steals her brother's trousers occasionally). They'll get along jus fine. Smile)
BariJoy
BariJoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:30 pm

(haha, i have a feeling Damian, is gonna get lonely, for their are no men for him to talk to LOL)
Charlie
Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next