Character Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 75 on Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:15 pm
Latest topics
» A Message For You
Gracling- by In the clouds... just me wanting to start it up again.. EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 4:08 pm by Cali

» Unspoken Rule
Gracling- by In the clouds... just me wanting to start it up again.. EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 5:49 am by Cali

» Announcements: Rebirth
Gracling- by In the clouds... just me wanting to start it up again.. EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 5:04 am by Cali

» Vladimir Academy
Gracling- by In the clouds... just me wanting to start it up again.. EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 11:44 pm by LeilaniAlexandra

» The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production)
Gracling- by In the clouds... just me wanting to start it up again.. EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 6:01 pm by OpenTheDoor

» Sound of Madness
Gracling- by In the clouds... just me wanting to start it up again.. EmptySun May 04, 2014 5:22 pm by momo13

» Oh My Gosh
Gracling- by In the clouds... just me wanting to start it up again.. EmptySat May 03, 2014 1:30 pm by Avery

» The Amazing Brain
Gracling- by In the clouds... just me wanting to start it up again.. EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 10:32 pm by Avery

» Guess what guys.....
Gracling- by In the clouds... just me wanting to start it up again.. EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 10:20 pm by momo13

Gracling- by In the clouds... just me wanting to start it up again..

+2
in~the~clouds
Gifty
6 posters

Page 1 of 17 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down

Gracling- by In the clouds... just me wanting to start it up again.. Empty Gracling- by In the clouds... just me wanting to start it up again..

Post by Gifty Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:08 am

Gracelings:

In this world, there are people who are born occasionally with an ability called a Grace. Those who are Graced are called Gracelings (duh).
These people are both extremely feared and exploited for their talents. The kings use Gracelings, forcing them to serve them (though more through legal action rather than enslavement). In most kingdoms, the if someone becomes Graced, they are required by law to serve the King. If their Grace is proven to help, then they are used to that king's advantage, and will forever be in service to the Crown (weather they like it or not). If not then Gracelings usually live alone, excluded from society. People fear them; they aren’t normal, aren’t meant to be anything more than an appreciation. The more useful, harmless Graces are better in society usually.
There are many types of Graces. There are some which are just talents more than anything else, which are more common. Others that are more powerful are rarer. Graces can be anything from a fighting Grace, which gives the person a talent in battle to a Grace in art, where a person us unusually talented in art. It can be anything, and not one Grace touches a person the same way, even if they’re the same Grace. You can’t have two Graces though.
Example: Mind reading is a Grace. But for one person, it might be reading a person's most secret thoughts, for another Graceling it might be reading a person's current thoughts, as they're thinking it. So see, it's different for each person!
A Grace can appear at any moment. Usually it’s around the younger years that they manifest (from birth to perhaps eight or nine years). It rarely happens in a person’s older years. The thing that distinguishes a Graceling is their eyes. When they become Graced, their eyes changed colors. Their eyes become two different colors. With time a person’s Grace can expand and grow.

The Land and the Rulers:

Morsea – is a kingdom bordering the sea (hint, the “sea” part in the name). They are seafaring people, ruled by a ruthless king, cruel and self absorbed. They're good traders, more than fighters. Oh, but they do fight.

Druet – this kingdom is located high in the northern mountains, accessible only in the warmest months of the season. They are a kind people, different from the other kingdoms from their isolation. They are the only kingdom that does not exploit Gracelings, but respect them. They are very different people, and the kingdom is quite wealthy.

Ethill – is the kingdom located west, near the vast desert. The king here is cruel; loves war. He's always trying to fight his way towards the sea to get a port. The kingdom is known for the "gypsies" that roam the sands (lots of criminals head here). There is only one main city here, built over an oasis.

Rada – also known as the “Middle Kingdom” they are in the center of all five kingdoms. The king there is also not the kindest of people, but he usually doesn't make war either. That would be too dangerous, being surrounded. He rather keep his power through fear.

Sunder – this place is ruled by a greedy king, known for the “secret” slave trade that he profits from. He is to the south. He always makes war (slaves are created from war).

lienid- a kingdom that is on a small island.

Starting Plot:

Last edited by Thegifted writer on Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gifty
Gifty

Character Sheet
Name: Your character name
Race:
Level: 1

Back to top Go down

Gracling- by In the clouds... just me wanting to start it up again.. Empty Re: Gracling- by In the clouds... just me wanting to start it up again..

Post by Gifty Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:08 am

There's a war between Ethill and Sunder (like there always is... they love to fight).
Druet is isolated, and silent, it's people developed from rumors. Fear is in the air, as well a suspicion; the best spark for chaos.
Tensions are high, and this war is larger than previous ones, bringing murder and terror into other kingdoms. Even Druet, the solitary kingdom is disturbed by the the southern war.
Stuck even more in a hazardous place are the Gracelings. Desire to have them at court in service and as protection is even higher, especially if the Grace is of value....
Those who have a Grace that is...useful are at a greater risk than they know. Danger lurks at almost every corner, but something even darker is here. Especially talented Gracelings have been disappearing. Some have even been found, murdered. Is there a Graceling killer on the lose, or is it a Graceling war on the way too?

BIO:

Name:
Grace: (if they have a Grace)
Kingdom:
Appearance:
- Eye Colors: (if they’re Graced, they have two different color eyes)
- Original Eye Color: (only if they’re Graced)
- Hair:- Skin:
- Other:
Personality:
History:
Other:
Gifty
Gifty

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Gracling- by In the clouds... just me wanting to start it up again.. Empty Re: Gracling- by In the clouds... just me wanting to start it up again..

Post by in~the~clouds Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:59 am

yeah... sorry I kind of vanished from here... I'll make a new character.

Name: Alyson (Aly) Switzer
Grace: Can manipulate what you see, and make your fear come true. She does this with golden threads that only she can see, and she can sort of 'read' you because of her Grace, can manipulate emotions.
Kingdom: Native to Rada

Appearance:
- Eye Colors: Silver and an unnaturally pale lavender
- Original Eye Color: Deep brown
- Hair: A dark brown with red highlights/tinge
- Skin: Freckles on face only, slightly tanned from the sun, but naturally paler
- Other: A long scar stretches from her Left shoulder-blade and down to about her middle back, ends near her spine. Is raised and white and knotted
Personality: Cautious from working for the king. She doesn't trust people, doesn't talk to people, and is for the most part silent and sullen

History: She has tried using her ability, her Grace, to escape, but all of the guards have some sort of protection from her dreams. She has never met the Graceling who can counter her's, or so she thinks. For the most part, the Gracelings that are not used often enough are kept in prison cells, somewhere in the king's castle, in Rada. She is not used quite often enough, but can be used to... punish people with their fears when the king is displeased with them. She was taken at a young age, after her Grace had fully settled at the age of six, along with her twin, Elliem. Her eyes turned when she was about two years old, but it took four years for her Grace to mature and settle. She got her scar in an event when she was fifteen, and had tried to escape for the first and last time. The soldier cut her with his sword. Once in a while, she will feel her back ache along the scar, but not often. Now she is just as what is expected- a silent Graceling, useful for certain things, and left alone.
Other: can communicate in a rough language of feelings with each other in their minds

Name: Elliem (Ell) Switzer
Grace: She can put a blanket over the senses, cover up some one's senses, like she robs them of their senses, and when she does, she can know/sense what they could have sensed.She is the antidote to Aly's Grace, although they don't know it.
Kingdom: Rada

Appearance:
- Eye Colors: A light gray eye without any metallic or glimmering tinge, similar to silver but not, and a faded blue eye, dark.
- Original Eye Color: Deep brown
- Hair: A middle brown with red highlights/tinge
- Skin: She has fewer freckles than her twin, slightly tanned from the sun, but naturally paler
- Other: her skin is full of minor scars from scratches and the like- small cuts healed and turned white.
Personality: She has tried to remain optimistic, but slowly has faded into a shadow of the bright person she once was.

History: She and her sister are twins, and their eyes both settled at the same time, along with their Graces. They were kept in the same prison with each other until they were ten, at which time they were separated. She tried to escape with her sister, through the general feelings they are able to send each other, but she was caught before barely making it out of a door. They beat her- she did not get one long scar but many small ones. Now she is kept alone- they don't want her conspiring, as she has the ability to clarify, and if she let the guards go around blinded... and she has always been a troublesome one.
Other: can communicate in a rough language of feelings with each other in their minds.

Both- have had some experience with the outdoors, and know how to survive out in the wild/un-civilized regions, and they are each used as leverage against the other.

Last edited by in~the~clouds on Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:39 pm; edited 7 times in total
in~the~clouds
in~the~clouds

Back to top Go down

Post by Gifty Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:10 am

Name: Atlantia Soulless
Grace: she can turn into any animal at will.
Kingdom: Rada
Appearance:
- Eye Colors: silver and icy blue eye
- Original Eye Color: (only if they’re Graced) green
- Hair: long blonde hair
-Skin: pale pale pinkish
- Other: she has 4 long scars scattered all over her body
Personality: doesn't like working for the king but she has to, she is caring, talks a lot and is known to be very fierce when she is annoyed
History: When she was 6 she turned into a tiger and the guards came and took her away from her family. Her best friend can control the light and darkness and she soon began to duel him. her grace became fully developed when she was 10. she has tried to run away but learned her lesson after the first time.
Other: she loves water

Last edited by Thegifted writer on Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
Gifty
Gifty

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gifty Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:45 am

Very Happy so who else wants to join???
Gifty
Gifty

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gifty Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:00 am

Very Happy please!!
Gifty
Gifty

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Unabound Justice Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:52 am

(Sure, why not. Just don 't be mad if I have a breakdown because this is my 30th forum.)
Unabound Justice
Unabound Justice

Back to top Go down

Post by Gifty Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:56 pm

Smile its fine Smile haha
Gifty
Gifty

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:37 am

Ha, I was on this one! I'll make a new charrie Smile Just give me a tick
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:53 am

Name: Lupine Cartello
Grace: Telekinesis
Kingdom: Druet
Appearence:
-Eye colour: One is a mustard colour whilst the other is a dark, dark grey
-Original eye colour: Muddy brown colour
-Hair: Shaggy matted brown hair with a fringe that covers his eyes
-Skin: Olive toned
-Other: He has a birth mark behind one of his ears but is covered by his hair now.
Personality: Lupine is a kind fellow and will help any of those in need if he can, but even if he can't he'll have a go. He doesn't like it when people speak of his Grace but because it wasn't anything that could burn his village down he was accepted easily. He has never really gone out of his village through the simple fact that he doesn't like the unknown.
Other: He doesn't talk a lot and only if he's addressed directly.

I might add a gal...

Last edited by OpenTheDoor on Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:13 pm

LOL. Irony, I just finished rereading this book....

Name:June
Grace: Spying, enables her to be fast and limber and have great eyesight and hearing, gives her hieghten abilities so to speak, the ones to do with spying at least.
Kingdom: what about Leinid?If not then I'll go with Randa, it seems..sneaky
Appearance:
- Eye Colors: Ine a really bright almost lime green that is a bit shimmer and another deep green
- Original Eye Color: green
- Hair:Blonde and curly, really long too like almost to her butt.
- Skin:fair
- Other:Really short.
Personality:Very quick and not very trusting, can easily slip into any guise she wishes, and that is her grace, nurturing and very loyal to the friends she does makes, likes to rebel now and again for fun.
History:(if a leined then I'll make another) Was born in Sundar but her family moved before her eyes were settled, they, her family, hated the on going wars so they moved. Once in Randa her eyes had settled and she became property of the king, once her grace was found out she was sent to the spy master to train and is used quite frequently.
Other:is good with animals..
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Location : Hell... there are so many screaming children here....

Character Sheet
Name: Zem Grayson
Race: Human Kinsmen

http://stuff-fluffcoolcats.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gifty Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:15 pm

yay thanks for joining!!!
Gifty
Gifty

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:17 pm

well I did love the book, but what about lienid, the little island...?
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gifty Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:22 pm

yea well i didn't see it on in the clouds little explenation.. i'll add it in a sec... Smile
Gifty
Gifty

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gifty Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:54 pm

does anyone want to start??
Gifty
Gifty

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:32 pm

Okay just Gimme a sec.
Lienid: A small kinddom next to Ror, peaceful and is never on sides. It works with whoever will pay for shipping and the likes. Grace people are held in high standerds and they appreciate them. These people also honor good fighters.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:54 pm

start!
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gifty Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:58 pm

yay!! Very Happy
Gifty
Gifty

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gifty Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:01 pm

do you want to start i dont care who starts...
Gifty
Gifty

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:04 pm

u please.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gifty Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:06 pm

ok hold on a sec..
Gifty
Gifty

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gifty Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:08 pm

Atlantia: I walked the grounds of the castle some guards roaming behind me just in case I had anything funny planed, and by funny it was to escape. I looked around waiting for something interesting to happen.
Gifty
Gifty

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by bookcrazI Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:51 pm

June: I scaled down the side of the building with an urge to create some chaos. Landing on my feet silently I sauntered over to the guard's surprised faces and flirtatiously batted my eyes.
"Hello my oh, soo, strong guards. How is the day?" I said smoothly batting my eyes and tickling their chins.
"G.G.G.-Good....Mistriss June... Aren't..y-you supposed to be with the king for you meeting?" The young one gulped.
I laughed out loud although a small fear inside of me created warning signals, I stay calm on the outsid ethough.
"I suppose you're right, cherry ho my good lad." I sang and turned walking off gradually gaining pace.
bookcrazI
bookcrazI

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:51 am

Not meaning to be a spoil sport, but book it's 'cheerio' not 'cherry ho'
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gifty Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:56 pm

Atlantia: i looked at the girl who had come up behind them and took my chance turning into a small mouse and crawling away.
Gifty
Gifty

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 17 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next