Character Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 75 on Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:15 pm
Latest topics
» A Message For You
Ghost Ranch (back as a gout get it, hahaha) EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 4:08 pm by Cali

» Unspoken Rule
Ghost Ranch (back as a gout get it, hahaha) EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 5:49 am by Cali

» Announcements: Rebirth
Ghost Ranch (back as a gout get it, hahaha) EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 5:04 am by Cali

» Vladimir Academy
Ghost Ranch (back as a gout get it, hahaha) EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 11:44 pm by LeilaniAlexandra

» The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production)
Ghost Ranch (back as a gout get it, hahaha) EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 6:01 pm by OpenTheDoor

» Sound of Madness
Ghost Ranch (back as a gout get it, hahaha) EmptySun May 04, 2014 5:22 pm by momo13

» Oh My Gosh
Ghost Ranch (back as a gout get it, hahaha) EmptySat May 03, 2014 1:30 pm by Avery

» The Amazing Brain
Ghost Ranch (back as a gout get it, hahaha) EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 10:32 pm by Avery

» Guess what guys.....
Ghost Ranch (back as a gout get it, hahaha) EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 10:20 pm by momo13

Ghost Ranch (back as a gout get it, hahaha)

3 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Ghost Ranch (back as a gout get it, hahaha) Empty Ghost Ranch (back as a gout get it, hahaha)

Post by Charlie Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:53 am

(this is basically because I am bored out of my mind, and all the chats i am in are seeming to die slow and painful deaths)

It is the time of the cowboy, also known for this chat the 1950's.

The Lazy C Ranch is haunted. By what, their not exactly sure. Their medium sized ranch, is open to horses that need to be boarded, and people that are looking for work. Recently the cook, the kitchen aides, and all the stable boys quit, do to the hauntings. Despite a few of the horses being spooked, the Brown Ranch is still the best place to board horses, and to work. It's reputation is widely known, with the ghosts stories soon following but that doesn't turn people away, well it doesn't till they live their a while.

Charries:
Randy Brown, 18, Male- Charlie

Please note, they are on a ranch, if you are gonna make them totally cowboy make them unique. Please only one or two tomboys, if I get more girls who dress in guys clothes then I am gonna hurt someone cause those charries bug me alot. I am gonna say only men characters can be stable boys, sorry. If you have another position's please tell me. Use a paragraph to introduce your character into the story. Keep guys and girls even. And PLEASE try to keep this in third person. Also, please try to do at least three sentences per post, use your judgment if it is three three word sentences you can lengthen it. Keep in mind this is 1950's, so your normal emo clothes and what not, and blue hair, isn't going to work. Oh and no powers. First and last names for your charries, if they are applying for a job which they should be since that's how I am setting this up, then the employers need a first and last name. You can be one of the three cowboys I mention in my charrie intro, but again they need to be guys. No sorry for me characters, and no characters being sent to the ranch for punishment (if your charrie isn't going to enjoy being on the ranch then they shouldn't be on the ranch) This is a ranch not a farm, so while their is a barn, and stables, their are no chickens and things like that. Okay... YAY!!!

Last edited by Charlie Michelle on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Charlie
Charlie

Back to top Go down

Ghost Ranch (back as a gout get it, hahaha) Empty Re: Ghost Ranch (back as a gout get it, hahaha)

Post by Charlie Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:54 am

Randy Bartholomew Brown, the Brown's only son. The Brown's own The Lazy C Ranch. He loves tossing the cowskin around that is when he is not in the stables handling the horses. He is the only stable boy who didn't quit recently. Mainly because he couldn't, he lived on the ranch. He was also the head stable boy. His knowledge about the animals, and her general know how of how to calm them and what not, made him the ultimate best choice. But his knowledge of horses didn't end with him being able to calm them, and care for them, he was also a rider. He was a champion jumper, and his horses name was Lucy Girl, or Lu for short. Along with the horses his other chore was cattle, he was the one who hearded them when they got out. He knew more about cattle and bulls, than the three cowboys they had hired for the actual job. Randy when not doing his chores, and jobs, loved throwing the cowskin, or football around. He was quarter back of the football team at school. And although he was called the Cowboy, by the boys, the respected him. He was well tanned, and had alot of muscle. Broad shoulders, and a narrow waist, formed his body shape. His face was nice and round, and became a bit rounder when he smiled, his big white smile. He had hazel eyes, and brown hair that swished to one side. He always wore a tan colored cowboy hat, which looked more white. He wore flannel shirts, jeans, and his boots. He had two pare of boots, a black snake skin pair for nice occasions, and his brown work books, which he preferred over the black ones. On top of that he loved a good swing dance, the pretzel being his favorite move. Despite all these positive features, he had a country twang, that was thick and deep, but he loved it. His hands were naturally sweaty, which could cause a lot of problems, like dropping reigns, or letting a girl fly out of his grip when dancing, or dropping the ball. He also had a fear, a fear of falling off his horse, it was the reason he hated the ghosts that haunted the ranch. His horse was spooked by one of the ghosts and he fell off, breaking his back when he was little. He has a horrible scar from it. While he was paralyzed he took up guitar but then stopped when he began to walk again. His parents claimed it was a miracle that he could walk again, let alone play football, and ride. He still gets nervous when he rides, always afraid he will fall. But he does it anyways. Some say it was the ghosts that allowed him to walk again, some say he was never hurt in the first place. But that doesn't matter. When he is not out being active he is eating, he can cook, but he loves his mom's country dinner, but with the actual cook gone, it is important that they get a new one. They have a whole farm to feed, and a hungry eighteen year old boy who during the school year will be starting his senior year of high school. After a quick breakfast that he whipped up of scrambled eggs, he became busy, for a flood of new people came wanting jobs, either as stable boys or cooks and kitchen aids. He would be handling the stable boys, and his mom the cooks, but he would be testing their food. He knew what the other workers liked. The kitchen aides were girls who wanted to be cooks themselves they were capable of cooking, but not enough food for an entire ranch, the kitchen aides were more of people who stayed in the house and cooked for mom, dad, and people who visited, to see the horses or drop them off. The day started off with new people, and Randy sitting on a stool pulled up to the kitchen counter, he was next to his mom, whom he towered over. He was a glorious 6'6, and gained an inch or two in boots. He took a sip of his water out of his bottle, that he had gotten ready earlier in the morning when the sun was still down and he was doing his early morning chores, like feeding the horses. People flooded into the kitchen, some city slickers who wanted to be ranchers, some actual ranchers, and some people who were just confused looking. He smiled, as this would be quite a fun day.

Last edited by Charlie Michelle on Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Charlie
Charlie

Back to top Go down

Ghost Ranch (back as a gout get it, hahaha) Empty Re: Ghost Ranch (back as a gout get it, hahaha)

Post by Charlie Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:54 am

(that was longer than i expected LOL)
Charlie
Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gifty Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:12 am

can he have a sister?
Gifty
Gifty

Character Sheet
Name: Your character name
Race:
Level: 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:40 am

Ummm, I rather him just be an only child.
Charlie
Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gifty Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:12 am

( ok)
Gifty
Gifty

Character Sheet
Name: Your character name
Race:
Level: 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:59 pm

(i wish there was a way to delete threads)
Charlie
Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:23 pm

(sad this died before it even started)
Charlie
Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziva :) Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:21 pm

((I really wish it hadn't. It looks interesting.))
Ziva :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:09 am

(i would love to do it... but no one even looked at it, and the one person who might have joined didn't because the people who own the ranch have an only child, as stated and she wanted him to have a sibling.)
Charlie
Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziva :) Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:03 pm

((I'll join, if you want to give it a second try, and maybe we can coax a few others to give it a try as well.))

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:25 pm

(I sqy I go forngicing it a second time)
Charlie
Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziva :) Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:05 pm

((Cool :)BRB ))

Lara Dane has stabled her huge black horse at Lazy C Ranch since she got him. She has lived a relatively comfortable life. Her parents were strict on disipline and morals, but loving. They owned a popular restraunt and were very well off. It wasn't a surprise to the other people in the town when Lara's parents bought her a pony for her tenth birthday. (Little did they know the horse would soon weigh a ton and stand seventeen hands tall.) Lara has been around the stables most of her life, so it was natural for her to go there for help when everything else in her life was falling apart.
Her Junior year in high school, Lara's parents divourced. Six months later, the restraunt officially went bankrupt.
Now, she had two choices- get a job or sell the horse she'd raised from a foal...
Lara is about medium height, and athletic- not really skinny. Her red hair tumbles down to her shoulder blades in long ringlets, and her brown eyes watch the world curiously. As one might expect of a redhead, she has tons of freckles from spending so much time outside. She's terribly afraid of fire, and often late. Lara stands up for those who need it, but her temper is often uncontrollable. A champion swimmer, good violinist, and exellent cook, she dosen't have a huge amount of friends;just a few close ones. Cheifly among those friends is Champ, her huge black stallion of Arabian decent.
She entered the kitchen and smiled warmly at those around her, a bag of lady's riding clothes on her shoulder. Lara strode forward to ask for a job as a Kitchen aid in return for her horse's board and feed. She would take care of him, of course.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziva :) Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:22 pm

((Back))

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:30 am

Randy saw the familiar face and smiled. She would be getting the job. He knew he could pull strings to have her cook meals for the boys when they spent all day out in the fields. He was just glad to see someone who knew what they were doing. "Ma, I think she should be more than just a kitchen aide."
His mom nodded in agreement and her job was set she would be sort of like the sous chef insuring that she got to have time outside with the horses during the day and especially during meal times.
His mom was also glad that was one less salary they had to pay. They paid Randy alot less than the other workers because he was there son but the entire ranch knew he deserved more. But he got enough, enough that if he ever wanted to he could take a girl out to town for a nice night.
He Looked at Lara and smiled again, "Welcome aboard."
Charlie
Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziva :) Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:36 pm

Lara's smile widened, "Thank you so much," It was more than she had hoped for. Times might be tough, but now she'd be able to keep Champ and spend her time around her friends at the ranch.
"When do I start?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:50 pm

"Well my best bet is preparing the meals for the rest of the day." he said. He wasn't to worried about the rest of the candidates if his mom saw good ones for stable boys she would send them his way and he would give them a test run. "Or since it's still a bit early we can squeeze in a ride up the lake trail and back?" he really rather ride, not so much with someone for the fact that he loved the silence paired with the beat of the horses hooves. But he got the feeling she rather ride atthe mone t than work.
Charlie
Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziva :) Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:16 pm

"Nothing like riding to start the day off," Lara could hardly remember a time she gave up a chance to go riding. "And Champ could use some exercise,"

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:34 pm

Randy hopped off the stool, "Well come on." he called out. They headed to the stables. There were ribbons in the tack room. Most of them were from him winning on Lu. But there were quite a few from him winning on Greyson his dressage horse. He preferred jumping as it always helped when herding the cattle. He always had to get strays because the other three cowboys were scared to jump fences and hurt there horses. Randy figured thy were lazy and/or just didn't want to do it.
Charlie
Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziva :) Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:46 pm

Lara glanced around at the meadals with respect as she hefted her saddle. The young woman had earned a few barrel racing ribbons, but she wasn't a serious rider. An old horse trainer had once told her that she would make a good jockey, and Champ a good racehorse, but it took lots of money, training and time to do something like that. She had never even mentioned it to anyone.
After he was saddled, Lara led her spirited black stallion out of his stall, muddering nonsense under her breath to keep him calm.
"Where did you say we were going? The lake trail?"
She used the saddle horn and one stirrup to pull herself onto the back of the huge horse.

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:57 pm

"Yep." Randy said as he easily got up onto his horse. His right leg sailed over the back of Lu. He was firmly set. He grabbed his hat off the peg. He walked his horse out of the riding ring. "We'll take a short rest at the lake since it's about half way." he said. He had done it plenty of times without the res it wasn't needed, bu he was a guy and he always tried to prolong his time with girls.
Charlie
Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziva :) Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:05 pm

She shrugged casually, "Sounds good to me,"
Lara pulled her red hair back into a ponytail for a small respite from the heat. Champ danced side ways, and she led him back to the path gently, but firmly. The horse shook his head playfully.
"Crazy horse," Lara muttered good naturedly. He was feeling frisky and it didn't exactly make riding him easy, but she was used to his ways.

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:11 pm

Lu walked out on to the path and bucked up, but only the slightest. Randy held on for dear life and tried to remain calm. "Easy girl." he said, patting the side of her neck. She seemed to calm for the time being. He could almost be considered a horsewhiperer of course it was better when he was not sitting on top of the spooke horse. He brought her up to a slow trot as he headed out infront of Lara.
Charlie
Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ziva :) Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:19 pm

Lara watched his reaction with some interest. The horse hadn't really bucked much, and he was an experienced rider. She shrugged, and gave Champ a little more reign. He sped up; it was against the big horse's nature to ride behind another horse, he was weird that way.
"So..." she started, smiling, as they drew up alongside Randy, "Is there any truth to the rumored hauntings? You yourself seem to to be the center of quite a few of them,"

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:26 pm

Randy turned his head keep his perriferal view on the path. "I don't believe them any more but sometimes the horses can act weird, get spooked for seemingly nothin'. And sometimes the cattle will just go runnin' for no reason. Then youbget your normal bangs and bumps in the night." he didnt want to touch on how he was the center of a few of the hauntings because he had never heard that rumor and he worked the three cabilleros who gosipped like they were ladies ina beautyshop. "How exactly am I the center of a few of the stories?" his voice was inquisitive.
Charlie
Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next