Character Chat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Top posting users this month
No user

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 75 on Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:15 pm
Latest topics
» A Message For You
Change your Tune! - Page 10 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2020 4:08 pm by Cali

» Unspoken Rule
Change your Tune! - Page 10 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 5:49 am by Cali

» Announcements: Rebirth
Change your Tune! - Page 10 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 5:04 am by Cali

» Vladimir Academy
Change your Tune! - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 11:44 pm by LeilaniAlexandra

» The Ye Old Shoppe o' Curiosities (An OpenBook Production)
Change your Tune! - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 6:01 pm by OpenTheDoor

» Sound of Madness
Change your Tune! - Page 10 EmptySun May 04, 2014 5:22 pm by momo13

» Oh My Gosh
Change your Tune! - Page 10 EmptySat May 03, 2014 1:30 pm by Avery

» The Amazing Brain
Change your Tune! - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 10:32 pm by Avery

» Guess what guys.....
Change your Tune! - Page 10 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 10:20 pm by momo13

Change your Tune!

2 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Change your Tune! - Page 10 Empty Re: Change your Tune!

Post by OpenTheDoor Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:36 pm

The girl raised a brow to his sudden chirpiness, almost breaking into a smirk because of it. So the guy was close to his guitar, was he? Well, she knew that look on his tired little face. She would have killed any person who dared to get close to one of her precious little babies, her Fender especially.
"And why is that?"
Yes, she was planning on toying with him slightly. And why ever not? He screwed around with her being late so what was wrong with... Maybe strumming his guitar?
"Its a little out of tune," she commented, listening to the off-key open chord of it after running her fingers over the rusty strings, "and anyway, does that mean that I can use it if you continue to stay awake?"
That was easy. All she had to do was sit next to him and make sure to sing a little too loudly for him to drift off. She had done that many times to irritate many people and in every case it worked.

OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Name: Your character name
Race:
Level: 1

Back to top Go down

Post by peachie-keen Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:57 pm

"If you're band's decent enough, I'll consider." She shrugged, her eyes looking upwards, as if recalling a distant memory. "Well, firstly, Daz has really rich parents. He was studying some music degree, and his parents had bought him a house, providing he had a couple of other people paying rent. Harlie was living there- they've known each other a while, and Theo was good friends with them both-"
"He had short hair then!" Harlie exclaimed, managing to keep up a conversation now the nachos weren't occupying him.
"Yeah..." Sam cleared her throat, restarting. "I think Matt was on the same course as Daz. Even then he was a bit of a knob. Anyway, I moved in, just as a place to stay. They had a couple of spare rooms, and-"
"And I needed someone I could discuss boys with." Harlie nodded seriously.
Sam sighed a little. Harlie never changed.
"So I moved in, I couldn't play any instruments, but I'd happily listen to them three every day. None had great voices, and I tried to sing every now and then. Matt started living there a couple of months later, after his girlfriend kicked him out because he was sleeping with some girl."
Of course, I thought he was absolutely charming at the time. Stupid Sam.
"But they finished their course within a few months, by which time I was half-managing them, and Matt decided to be on vocals." Sam paused, for a moment longer than she should have.
"We gigged a bit, and got enough money to get a place between the five of us, even though it was a bit smaller than our old place. But we've got a pool, so that's fine." Harlie chirped, recovering for her.
Sam smiled, a little distant. "Well, I think that's pretty much it."
It wasn't. Far from it, in fact. But they didn't need to know that.
peachie-keen
peachie-keen

Back to top Go down

Post by peachie-keen Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:03 pm

Matt's eyes narrowed, focusing on her hand. "You'd better be careful with Rusty." he told her firmly, teeth a tad gritted. His heart leapt at the sound of the tuneless strum. Nobody touched that. But it was too late now, and he was far too tired to protest. "As long as I'm awake." He confirmed. And if she did break it... Well, at least the tiredness would be knocked out of him.
peachie-keen
peachie-keen

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:13 pm

Well, it seemed to be a bit of a story. Neither of the two were expecting any of that, especially when they mentioned there being a pool.
Maybe they would have to visit one day.
But as the guys glanced to one another to perhaps consider her offer, they just shook their heads. It seemed that they would only need a manager when they actually had a band. Until then, they wouldn't need one. It would just be pretty pointless.
"Well, so far we have a drummer and two guitarists and, if we can convince her, maybe a singer. But even then we need a bassist..."
"And Harlie's already in a band," Digby chuckled, running a hand through his hair, "So basically until then we're just dreamin' of bein' on Kerrang!"
The pair chuckled, completely in similar minds. Yeah, when Digby was in a good mood then the two of them could actually be quite good friends and have a laugh.
"But us two all know each other from college, we all had music together and in that we all had to play as a group. Tori was actually in another band but she was seeing the lead singer of the one in ours so we knew each other," Chris shrugged, "Then they broke up, the band and the relationship in the space of a week, but we all remained friends."
That was about it. There was no pools in their homes. Well, Chris just had a shabby little apartment and the other two lived with their parents still so...
"In case you were interested," Digby added, rolling his eyes slightly.
Yeah, but that was doubtful.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:24 pm

Tori gave a nod, "Alrighty then."
But as she gently picked up the guitar, she gave a small frown, carefully watching to see his reaction. Sure, he wasn't necessarily happy, but if he just outright said 'no' then she would have respected that...plus he had named it.
So as she sat down on the sofa bed by his feet, her hand instantly started to tune up the guitar. She didn't know what it was but she kind of just went into a automatic state whenever she had to tune one, especially by ear.
And after a few minutes of plucking and strumming, she gave a small smirk, giving it one full strum together, "There we are. I hate seeing guitars untuned. Its so depressing."
Her hand carefully wrapped around the neck of the guitar as she absentmindedly began to strum out a little pattern, her eyes firmly fixed on Matt to see his reaction as she did so. It wasn't as if she was holding the thing over her head ready to smash it down after a ferocious concert. She hated it when they did that. Waste of perfectly good wood.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by peachie-keen Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:59 pm

That could have happened to us...
Sam nodded, spinning her now empty beer bottle on the table, looking down.
Harlie's eyes widened. "I don't mind! I promise! I've already made amazing friends with Dee, and good friends with you and fringey too!" He would have continued his mini speech, but Robyn had somehow managed to arrive at the table unnoticed. She lifted the empty plate from the table, picking up a couple of empty glasses too.
"Was everything alright, my lovelies?" she asked, interupting Harlie's bid for the possible membership of a new band.

(Really sorry it's short, mind is blak and I'm writing my ucas application! D: )
peachie-keen
peachie-keen

Back to top Go down

Post by peachie-keen Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:09 pm

Matt gave a small flinch at each note, though the first was definitely the largest. He wasn't sure if it was because of his lack of energy, or that he didn't want anything played on that guitar other than his own tunes. She wasn't bad at playing, though. In fact, she was quite good.
He nodded, summoning the will to make a chauvenist comment. "You're alright actually, for a girl." He smiled to himself, tapping his foot slowly. "If any of those strings break though, I won't be happy. I know they're rusty, but it wouldn't be the same with a shiny one on there. And I find it gives it a better, more natural sound, too. Dunno about you."
peachie-keen
peachie-keen

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:27 pm

No worries, hun. And gosh UCAS? Good luck with that Very Happy

The pair just laughed at his little outburst and willingness to be in their band. Somehow, however, they doubted that they could let that happen. It didn't seem as though Matt would be the happiest to find out that his dear bassist was in another, and hell of a lot better, band, especially the one belonging to the guy who he didn't like and the girl he slept with one time.
Yes, it was blunt, but it was mostly Digby who was thinking it so...
But then their thoughts were interrupted.
"Yep, very good," Chris nodded in thanks, watching her as she took the large plate away, "and could I have another Bud for the lady, a pear Bulmer's for me and..."
"I'll take another," Digby chirped in, shooting Robyn a smirk, "Harlie?"
He quickly glanced to the guy to check if his milkshake had been consumed by then, but it seemed that he was a little too busy stuffing his face with cheese-covered nachos rather than drinking his drink. But it was always nice to ask.

Still playing a couple of random progressive chords, the girl gave a small sigh, shaking her head at him. Yeah, he there was probably the closest thing to a compliment that she was going to get from him.
"Darlin', I've been playing since I was seven. Of course I'm this awesome," she smirked, her knee bouncing to the beat of her own song, "and I think that you're just trying to kid yourself there. These things are likely to snap soon. I just think that you want to keep the guitar original."
She got it. It was his little baby. She was the same with hers but...she would have preferred not to have the fear that the strings were going to slash her wrist at any given moment if she played too hard.
She was over that then. She didn't need any more scars on her body.
So as she shot him a look, she gently continued to pluck out a small tune, one which she had made up not too long ago but yet had a place in any of the many songs which she had written. Yeah, she didn't think that she could go heavy on it. She didn't want to make the guy angry...well, not too angry.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by peachie-keen Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:36 am

It's scary D:
Harlie glanced at his milkshake, and shook his head. "No thanks Chrissy, I'll be fine." He smiled, pulling the glass towards him and sipping through the straw.
"Of course sweetie." Robyn smiled to Chris, and then trotted off, her heels clicking.
"So can I?" Harlie chirped, a broad smile on his face. He'd love to be part of another band. A new band meant new friends after all. And he loved to make friends. And then Chris could go out with Sam and Digby could go out with Robyn, and Matt and Tori could be together, and they could all be a happy family and drink milkshakes and make cocktails and get an even bigger house, with a bigger pool, and, and...

The boy's eyes grew at that. "Look, if I take you back to the house, I'll let you have a play about with my Fenders. I'll go on base if you want. I'd just rather not have this particular one break. That okay?" He smiled as best he could with a stiff jaw after his proposal. Fenders were pretty expensive, but they were replacable.
"Daz and Theo might be in too if you want an extra lead and drums." He shrugged, watching the guitar for any new signs of breakage.
peachie-keen
peachie-keen

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:21 am

I know, I remember when my brothers had to do it all... I still have another year until all of that fiasco though -.-

Harlie wanted to be in their band?
The two of them looked at one another, almost as if they were parents giving their child permission to play outside with their friends. Instead, it was something a lot more personal to them both. They didn't even have a chance to talk about it with Tori and she was the one who cared most about who was in the band...but then again, she did love the little fellow. Who didn't?
Well, Digby to start with...
But after a silent deliberation, they turned back to the boy, their faces unreadable as they came out with every phrase every parent had ever said at least once in their life.
"We'll see."
It wasn't as if they were going to leap around the room yelling for joy at his offer. Yes, he could play bass but...
Well, he seemed a little too hyper for them. They knew that they weren't going to be going indie and, well...
They were just going to have to wait and see.

At the offer, the girl started to slow down her playing, mulling over his offer gently in her head. Play with his Fenders? Well, she did love them. She had just one, her dear Toronado GT HH and that was probably her most favourite guitar of her life.
Eh, why not?
"I thought that you were sleepy?" she teased, her fingers running through her hair, "But sure, I'd love to."
With a grin, she stood up with the guitar and plopped it back down in the corner on its stand. The poor thing probably appreciated having a nice little play rather than sitting dirty in the shadows. It was a shame, really. It probably would have looked quite nice with some new strings and a quick clean up.
But it seemed that he was too stubborn to see that.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by peachie-keen Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:56 pm

It's real scary D:

Harlie's bottom lip dropped, unintentionally, and he breathed an "okay..." In response.
And before anybody else could slip a word in, Robyn was back with their drinks. She layed down the three on the table, her hand resuming it's place on Digby's chair.
"That was quick." Sam commented.
Robyn smiled in return, giving her a knowing look, vefore her eyes flickered back to Chris's. "Anything else for you two boys?" She asked, her voice a little hoarse. "There must be a little something I could get you, no?"

After another yawn and a stretch, Matt sighed. "I am tired. Or worn out, rather." He chuckled to himself, rather proud of his achievement. "But if it means my guitar is being put at risk, then i'd rather not." he shrugged. Yeah, he was the selfish type, most definitely. "I dunno if you want to walk about my little beach or anything first, i dont mind. Say goodbye and whatever if you're all sentimental, like." He lazily ran a hand through his thick dark hair, relaxing a little now Rusty took its usual position, now fully tuned, in the corner of his little shack.
peachie-keen
peachie-keen

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:27 pm

You'll be fine. Just smile Very Happy

Poor Harlie. Now Chris wanted to give him a little hug and a pat on the head. It wasn't anything personal, it was just...
But at least the waitress popped in to stop the awkward moment.
Chris shook his head as he picked up his drink from the table. As long as he had his drink, his food cooking in the oven and nice view in front of him he was a happy bunny.
"Not right now, thanks Robyn," the drummer smirked.
Digby gave a small shake of his head in response, the want to speak in reply vanishing at her appearance. Yeah, he was an awkward sort.

"I don't really care."
Tilting her head to the side, she gave a small smirk at him. She was being completely honest. Sure, the beach was pretty awesome but it wasn't as if she had never been to one before. There was a spit not too far away from there which was real nice too. But she wasn't sentimental. Moving houses as much as she did you tended to have to leave things behind. It was a normal part of leaving towns and going around the place.
"But if you want to take a nap beforehand I don't mind taking some time out, as I said. Most guys have to after keeping up with me."
And with one last chuckle, she quickly slipped on her jeans, finally all suited and booted as she was when she first arrived in that little beach hut.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by peachie-keen Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:01 am

Robyn so desperately wanted to reply with a flirtacious maybe i can do something for you later then... purely for the entertainment value. Instead, she settled for a still flirtacious, but a slightly more subtle "Just give me a shout if you need anything done then, yes?" She gave a mischievous grin, running her fingers lightly across Digby's back before walking off, her heels clicking.
Harlie chirped up, sighing. "Robyn's so nice, isn't she?"
peachie-keen
peachie-keen

Back to top Go down

Post by OpenTheDoor Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:21 am

Digby's eyes followed her as she walked away, a small shiver rolling down his spine from her light touch. He swallowed slightly, drying his throat as he paid little attention to the group.
"Yeah," he nodded slightly to Harlie's comment, "Very nice."
The drummer raised a brow to the comment, unsure about whether they were talking about personality or looks but certainly if it was the second thing that he was going to find it hard to disagree. It seemed that, however, there was going to be no barmaid on the menu for that night.
He was pretty contented with the feisty blonde there.
"Anyway, I'm sure Tor's mentioned it to you, but have you heard of the little competition here in a few weeks, The Battle of the Bands?" he asked, mostly to Harlie though, of course, he couldn't help but smile slightly at Sam.
OpenTheDoor
OpenTheDoor
Veterans

Character Sheet
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10